Thursday

My First Nepali Sermon (Video)

Some people were interested in seeing the video of my very first Nepali sermon.  I spoke on the Good News of the Birth of Jesus.  My focus was on the song of the Heavenly Host in Luke 2.  Translated from the Simple Nepali Version of the Bible, "May they have peace with whom God is happy." The question I reflected on was, "With whom is God happy?"

Now, the recording isn't very good. This is just house sound, so it would have been more clear in person. What is somewhat unique about my approach is my incorporation of Sanskrit chanting.  Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:44 PM

    Outstanding Cody & sound is just fine - Rich

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:53 PM

    Cody, what is the setting (of the background that we can not see)? Is the talking & walking around something that is common during Nepali service or are you speaking while another activity is going on? - Rich

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rich! Thanks for your comments and encouragement. This was during a Bhutanese-Nepali "program", which means that the level of attentiveness was pretty low. Our weekly satsang isn't like this. Having said that, I have found that the art of listening to a spiritual message must be learned over time. The Bhutanese are not very used to being taught about religious ideas in such a direct and intentional way.

    ReplyDelete