|Photo by Trey Ratcliff|
Today, I want to share my sermon notes from several weeks back on 2 Corinthians 5. In reading the passage, I felt the Lord leading me really to a number of principles for missionaries to promote their endurance -- to help them press on to the end. The "long haul" is something I really need strength for these days. So, you can download my full notes on the message here. Now for a summary:
I asked my congregation to reflect on five things as they considered how they might endure as missionaries.
1. An attitude we desire -- Confidence (5:6)
2. An obstacle we must come to terms with -- "in the body" = "away from the Lord" (5:6)
3. An engine we must turn on -- Longing for eternity (5:7-8)
4. An aim we must focus on -- Pleasing the Lord (5:9)
5. An end we are prepared for -- Reward (5:10)
Blessing to you as you seek to press on!